Email SpeciallistPosted: Monday, 29 March 2021 - Delray Beach, FL
You'll be responsible taking an existing, highly successful email program for a Top 600 US Ranked B2C brand and injecting new levels of creativity and user segmentation to make it one of the most engaging email programs in the country.
WHO WE ARE
Launch Potato is a profitable startup studio that incubates and launches mobile and web companies on our proprietary technology stack.
This position would work on a product that is already existing under the LP umbrella and optimally poised for high growth over the next year.
We are building teams that can solve complex issues in product development, engineering, creative, and data science. If that doesn't sound fun to you, you won't like it here.
THE ROLE - TL:DR
You'll design and build email creatives yourself with a focus on mobile-responsiveness on all major devices and ISPs. You'll come up with a seriously kickass testing plan that will make the rest of the team swoon.
This is an amazing opportunity to be personally responsible for a comprehensive email strategy that utilizes (already proven) engaging content, excellent data architecture and reporting, great ESP delivery, and best in direct response marketing techniques.
You'll take what (we're very proud to say) we've built thus far and take it to new elevations.
• Lead email strategy of existing profitable business
• Energetic, fun startup culture
• Work directly with founding team, 4 young Internet execs who successfully developed and scaled double-digit million dollar online businesses from the ground up in the past decade
• International exposure working with an amazing, talented team distributed across US, Europe and Asia
• Unlimited career growth and profit-sharing opportunities
This job is for a full-time experienced Email Marketing Specialist position, ideally out of our HQ in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, FL.
Benefits Include: Health insurance, dental insurance, profit-sharing, fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, Free Lunch Fridays, open vacation policy, two annual company retreats with global team, a kickass working environment!
REMOTE APPLICANTS: We may be open to highly-qualified candidates working remotely. However, you'd be required to come to Delray HQ for initial training and at least 1x per quarter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design, develop, and execute email marketing campaigns that deliver against business goals for assigned product (500K MAU)
• Use your creative genius to come up with new, innovative promotions to market the same content in different ways
• Leverage email marketing tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that maximize customer retention and acquisition
• Develop new highly creative email templates and testing strategies that deliver against ROI targets through a highly segmented customer base
• Execute QA and end-to-end testing for email templates; be a huge advocate for testing across all mobile devices, mail apps, and ISPs/domains
• Drive and optimize key traffic and revenue metrics including revenue, CTR, open rates, incremental revenue lift, engagement and retention
• Develop a comprehensive testing and reporting matrix that accurately assesses delivery and performance of email campaigns
• Maintain and ensure high levels of data hygiene and integrity with fast-growing, high-volume lists from variety of acquisition sources; proactively learn about sources to come up with innovative, highly targeted messaging
• Run reports and prepare analyses for marketing programs or proposals using our Email Marketing Platform and Excel
• Ensure compliance while balancing exciting marketing promotions
• Work with growing cross-functional team of designers, engineers and customer relationship team to drive product development and on-site UI/UX enhancements based on data analysis
• Identify new opportunities through regular analysis; proactively present recommendations to team and over-share test results
We're an extremely marketing-focused company and while a lot of this role is technical, your goal will be to make our brand stand out as the #1 in its industry.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• 3+ years of first-hand experience in email design and development; demonstrated success in email marketing from conception to completion
• HTML/CSS and exceptional ability to build and test email templates
• Demonstrated success in contributing to high volume integrated email marketing programs for consumer audiences
• Proven expertise leveraging Constant Contact or similar ESP to create multi-step Retention Campaigns, Cohort Strategies, and Analytics Dashboards
• Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing, KPI tracking and ROI analysis
• Self-starter with a collaborative, upbeat, solutions-oriented attitude
• Excellent analytical and writing skills that allow you to effectively communicate product performance and recommendations
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can balance multiple projects simultaneously in a startup atmosphere
• Detail and task-oriented
Our normal team work hours are roughly 10am-5pm ET M-F. However, email is a mission-critical part of our business and you'll be expected to consistently check email stats to ensure performance and delivery, including earlier in the morning, later at night, and on weekends.
Additionally, we are a distributed digital team and there may be late/early meetings due to different time zones. We always try to work with everyone's schedules but at times there may be meetings earlier in the morning and later at night.
We communicate throughout the day using Slack and several times a week using Google Hangouts. You'll be expected to actively participate in these discussions and be an active, awesome contributing member of our team!
KNOW THESE? EVEN BETTER!
• Google Analytics, SQL, Advanced Excel
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Creative ideation and prototyping of innovative user experiences